Nea Genia Ziridis school in Greece had the pleasure to invite 300 participants (teachers and students) from different secondary schools in prefecture of Attica to the conference entitled: “ARIE: Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education” which was held at the 12th April, 9.30 pm-1.00am.
Pedagogical aim underlying the conference
The purpose of the conference was to give students and teachers the experience of using virtual and augmented reality tools in the school environment through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) activities.
The conference was under the auspices of the Erasmus +KA2 program, which Nea Genia Ziridis coordinates in collaboration with Schools from Spain, Cyprus and Italy. The main objective of the program entitled ARIE: “Augmented and virtual Reality In Education”, was the integration of AR (Augmented Reality), VR (Virtual Reality) and 3D printing tools in teaching secondary school subjects.
In this convention, students and teachers had the opportunity to:
- Use augmented and virtual reality applications through STEAM activities
- Network with schools from Spain, Italy, Cyprus and other STEAM stakeholders
- Perform laboratory experiments using AR and VR tools
- Explore a virtual escape room
- Design and explore an ancient Greek house
- Have a virtual tour at Louvre and Acropolis Museums
- Explore the prospects of using a 360 camera in education
- Learn to design and print in a 3D printer
- Explore human 3D printed hyman parts used in medicine
- Learn mathematical concepts through 3D printed models
- Explore a school seismograph and a meteorological station
- Learn how to build their own AR and VR application
- Enjoy poetry and history through an interactive photography exhibition
- Learn about Cold War through and an AR drama role play
- Explore the Higgs Boson Particle, using VR glasses
- Learn about bio-based technologies and bioeconomy topics
Partners: Alpha Labs, Bloom (European Schoolnet) Cisco Networking Academy, Hellenic Education for Stem (E3 STEM), IMS School from Cyprus, Instituto Comprensivo Panicale Tavernelle School from Italy, Paz de Ziganda Ikastola School from Spain, University of Ioannina, STEM Education