The students of 8th grade from “Ioan Vlăduţiu” Secondary School found out the answers to these questions thanks to the meeting with Paul Cristian Martian, a student of the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Babeş-Bolyai University and a volunteer in the Caravan which promotes the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. For the students, it was an opportunity to interact with a student of this faculty and to learn about a possible career in chemistry.
Paul Cristian Martian answered the following students’ questions:
- What did you do in middle school and high school to prepare for university?
- What other things are you doing to prepare for your career?
- What is university really like?
- How did you decide that this was the college you wanted to attend? Who helped you?
- What types of courses are you taking?
- How much fun is a university?
- Do they take attendance in the classroom?
- Is there anything about your high school years that you would change if you could?
- Is there some advice you would like to share with students so they will not make the same mistakes?
- What are the career options after graduating from chemistry and chemical engineering?
The responses received raise students’ awareness around STEM careers related fields such as the pharmaceutical industry (Gedeon Richter – Tg Mures, Therapy – Cluj -Napoca), the cosmetics industry (Farmec – Cluj-Napoca), chemical fertilizers industry (AZOMUREŞ – Târgu Mureş), battery production, food industry, etc.