Learning scenario to know deeper what a plastic is, the environmental impact they produce and the new alternatives to take care of resources and nature.
Author: Laura Fernández Alonso.
Colegio Corazón de María, Gijón (Spain).
Resources: BLOOM School Box – Growing plastic and new life for plastic
-Worksheets created by the teacher, inspired in the resource above (these worksheets can be found in the blog .
-Laboratory instruments: we did bioplastic in the lab, so we used specific material for it, described in the worksheet.
-Digital tools: such as genially, quizzlet and others.
Audience: 3º ESO (15 years old students)
I strongly recommend other teachers to use this method in class because by this learning scenario students will:
- Be aware of the real situation about plastic pollution
- Identify plastics in daily life
- Understand the differneces between the types of plastics and their main characteristics.
- Familiarize students with bioplastic
- Work in the lab to make bioplastic
- Understand what a bioplastic is and the future of that kind of material.
- Collaborate in group
- Share ideas and discuss about the topics
Remember that all activity development is deeply described in the blog.