This Learning Scenario firstly aims to give students the ability to use 3D learning, imagination and creativity. They will then learn about habitats in Space. And it will learn how to use content, mathematics, engineering, technology, and science. It will also introduce the emergence of architectural structures. As a result, students will establish interdisciplinary relationships and relate them to real life, creating products using their imagination and creativity.
Our subject is to provide architectural design understanding. To establish interdisciplinary relationships. It is the design of living spaces.
- Built environment and product unit of Technology and Design course.
- Using geometric shapes in mathematics. To understand the importance of dimensioning.
Firstly, the students conduct scientific research. they have to collect data, examine the structure of the material. Furhter they investigate joining methods to reveal the structure, because the joining method is important for the strength of the structure.
Age range of students: 10-11
Preparation time: 90′
Teaching time: 90′
Online teaching material
Offline teaching material
Firstly, a student draws with pencil and paper. Secondly, he makes an architectural design out of cardboard.
Airbus Foundation Discovery Space resources used:
Students are asked to have information about the subject. So, the video is watched. How aerospace will shape the future – Future of Cities.
Integration into the curriculum:
Learning Scenario, Technology and Design course curriculum are designed to fit easily into Turkey. This lesson plan is for ages 10-11. students should:
- To be able to think in 3 dimensions
- Must have the ability to put paper blocks together
- Having knowledge about how to install and use Minecraft
- Knowing how to access the real Tinkercad and knowing about its use.
- To be able to research about life in space
- Knowing what architectural designs are
- To distinguish the functions of architectural building types and to know their intended use.
- To have knowledge about research methods.
Aim of the lesson / Learning Objectives
The aim of this course is to make students think in 3 dimensions. Because it is very important in the creation of a product. It is aimed to have knowledge about architectural structures. After that, students know how to design a building, design cities for living spaces that can be built in space. They will finally use their imagination and creativity.
Results of the lesson
First, students will be able to think analytically. secondly, they will be able to learn the functions of architectural structures. However, they will gain 3-dimensional thinking skills. Thirdly, and most importantly, they will have rich creativity and imagination.
Moreover, they will have the ability to create products. As a result, students will be able to think in 3D, have a rich imagination, in short, they will have 21st-century skills.
Project-Based Learning: Because students take fact-based tasks, problems to be solved, and work in groups. However, This type of learning often transcends traditional subjects
STEM Learning: Because the focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in the curriculum is increasing.
Peer Learning: Because students learn from their peers and give feedback to each other.
Cooperative Learning: Because there is a strong focus on group work.
21st-century skills and Creativity / Design Thinking / Inquiry-Based Science Education
- Collaboration: First, students work in pairs or in small groups. However, it improves communication and cooperation among themselves. They take responsibility and improve their communication skills. Learns to respect each other’s opinions by exchanging ideas. They will make constructive criticism.
- Creativity – Uses idea generation techniques in this way. As a result, it will produce different ideas and designs.
- Digital skills – Therefore, students use different online tools (Answer Garden, Tinkercad, YouTube). Recognizes different applications to learn how to use digital tools.
What should houses be like in space? Students are asked to think. Thus, their imaginations come into play. Then the students are shown the video, as the video will give students an idea.
First, students will follow through on the application. their designs and solutions will also be monitored. Then, tips will be given where deemed necessary. In short, students will be provided with the result.
At the end of the lesson, students will first meet with groups. Firstly, they will be asked to identify what is missing. Secondly, they will be asked to understand what they are doing differently from what they initially thought. Later, students in different groups will be asked to evaluate the design.
Students will be criticized constructively.
Harika bir çalışma tebrik ederim
good job. congratulations