As a necessity of today, we need to bring our living spaces to healthy conditions. We need moving environments and stimulants to get out of static environments. Based on this problem, they thought of the students to arrange their living spaces.
In order to draw attention to the subject, an introduction to the lesson is made by watching a video about the areas and troubles of an obese child.
The students wanted to start this business from their own classes. First, they created a space to design their classes. They chose the materials to use: Paper, scissors, pencil, cardboard, glue, etc.
A student creates the labyrinth and it improves thinking as they have to think of the ways out. A student knows that he must first follow some rules in order to use the playgrounds in his classroom. It includes consuming healthy foods during feeding hours, and doing physical exercises.
After a student makes health posters in the classroom using web 2.0 tools. (Canva) and provides directions with these posters.
- Science – Investigates the relationship between the area of living and obesity.
- Technology – Presentation of the design of the web site with the live web connection and will create a warning in the living area with web 2.0 exhibitions
- Engineering – Creating a living space against obesity
- Art – Drawing model of design products
- Math -Calories in the daily life of the daily, weekly and monthly life as a calorie calculation
As a result, it evaluates itself with self-assessment forms. It measures the increase in the number of steps per day using a pedometer. Obesity sensitivity is checked by measuring the monthly weight and height ratio.