It is planned to create activities with recyclable materials and to provide Stem integration to our students. It is aimed to learn which recyclable materials are found in nature and to be reused in activities. Our students will be taught that all materials are not garbage and our students will be raised as environmentally friendly individuals by making them aware of the importance of recycling.
Age of Activity: 4-7 years
Learning Time: One Week
* To increase the awareness of students about recycling and to ensure that they gain positive behaviors
*To enable them to learn which materials are waste and which are not waste.
* We ensured that they were raised as individuals who love and protect nature.
** To provide our students with learning experiences by giving responsibility.
* Guiding students to learn 21st century skills.
* Helping them find solutions to possible problems
Online Teaching Material:Youtube
Offline Teaching Material: Plastics in different colors and sizes, caps, pet bottles, colored papers, cardboard, scissors, glue, straws, apeslang ..
Activity 1: Technology: Teacher caught children’s attention by bringing recycling bins to classroom
* What are these boxes for?
* How are the colors of the boxes?
What are the colors of the boxes?
*What are the causes of environmental pollution?
* Why recycling is important was asked and boxes were examined.The attention of the students was drawn to the subject and they were asked to present possible solutions.Then, videos about recycling are watched on youtube and students are informed.
Activity 2: Mathematics Activity
In the math activity, plastic caps of different sizes and colors are brought to the classroom. Students are asked about the sizes and colors of these caps. It is guided to group the caps by separating them according to their color and size. Rhythmic counts are made with the students and it is discussed in which group the plastic caps are more or less.Then, students are guided to create different patterns with plastic covers so that they can learn while having fun.
Event 3: Game Event Plastic covers, cardboards, paints, plastic boxes, adhesives are brought to the classroom as a reminder that not every material is wasted. It is said that different activities can be carried out from recyclable materials.By preparing coding material together with the students, it is ensured that the students spend fun and productive time accordingly.
Activity 4: Engineering
Cardboard, plastic bottles, caps, cotton, colored paper, paint, scissors, glue are placed on the tables. Students are asked what they can design from these leftover materials. They are given the opportunity to create a product using the material they want. Students who make their own designs using their imaginary worlds are motivated. Our event was completed with a pleasant work. Students who made their own designs had fun. (The students were helped to use scissors and silicon.)
*STEM-based activities improved the cognitive skills of our students.
*The activities supported the creativity and imagination of the students.
* Öğrencilerin merakı, soru sorma, gözlemleme ve gruplama becerileri desteklendi.
* It was learned what recyclable materials are
** They were made aware of the necessity and importance of recycling for living things and the world.
* They learned that not every waste material is garbage and cannot be recycled.