Global Warming occurs as a result of the various activities of people in our world. The main theme of our project is to create environmental protection awareness in our students and to raise awareness about climate change in students. In order to achieve this, we will carry out various activities related to recycling.
- To give the students in our class love of nature
- To understand that nature and the animals in nature have a right to life
- To teach the effects of climate change on living spaces of living things
- To increase the awareness that some of the waste from our homes will be recycled
- Solving problems they encounter in daily life according to engineering design stages (STEM).
- Creating Nature-Based Solutions
What activities can we do to prevent environmental pollution in our world? We will organize recycling activities with our students to find an answer to this question.
WATER, GLYCERINE, VINEGAR, FOOD COLOR, ALUMINUM FOIL, COOKIE MOLD, STARCH, ORANGE, LEMON, CİNNAMON, JAR, TRASH SHISH
Offers suggestions for the solution of an environmental problem in its immediate vicinity or in our country. Discusses the benefits and harms of human-environment interaction through examples. (5TH GRADE)
Designs a project regarding the recycling of domestic solid and liquid wastes. Develops a project to deliver reusable items to those in need. (6TH GRADE)
Creates different geometric shapes with the same perimeter. Solves problems related to calculating the perimeter of shapes.
Uses the engineering design cycle. Prepares tests and develops the product’s prototype.
Uses the necessary technologies to design components. Uses the necessary measurement tools to develop the prototype. Through technology literacy, demonstrates the ability to access information, select, use and troubleshoot existing technologies, and develop ideas and theories by actively exploring real-world problems.
WEBINAR NAME: WHAT IS BIOPLASTIC?
OUR STUDENTS RECEIVED NEW INFORMATION ABOUT BIOPLASTIC THANKS TO THE WEBINAR MADE BY SEVDA ERYILMAZ, ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER.
WEBINAR NAME: BIOPLASTIC PRODUCTION WORKSHOP
THANKS TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER SEVDA ERYILMAZ, OUR STUDENTS MADE BIOPLASTICS THAT DO NOT POLLUTE THE ENVIRONMENT.
WEBINAR NAME: PRODUCTION OF ROOM SCENT FROM DOMESTIC WASTES
OUR STUDENTS MADE ROOM PERFUME FROM DOMESTIC WASTES.
Our project plan and evaluation were made by each teacher. We evaluated it with an online meeting. As an evaluation scale; we used the table below.
Event Name: LOVE THE WORLD, PROTECT YOURSELF
Explanation: In the table below, check the option that best describes your group
LOVE THE WORLD, PROTECT YOURSELF DESIGN GROUP
|BEHAVIORS TO BE ASSESSED||DEGREES|
|Making a work plan.|
|I prepared the design drawing of the model.|
|We used time efficiently while designing recycling activities.|
|We made appropriate solutions for the problems we prepared while doing your design.|
|Was the prototype tried before placing it?|
|Did you give suggestions for improving your prototype?|
1 Reduce the amount of waste material.
2) To raise generations that protect natural resources.
3) To be aware of harmful behaviors harmful to nature and climate in daily life.
4) Voluntarily giving up attitudes and behaviors that will harm nature and climate.
5) To gain behaviors that will be beneficial to nature and the climate
6) To inform our students about Bioplastics.
7) To ensure that students grow as conscious consumers.
TEACHERS PARTICIPATING IN THE PROJECT:
- Project Founder: Çiftçi- Zeynep Ünsal Arslan-Emlak Konutları Alparslan Secondary School -Gebze-Kocaeli-Turkey
- Project Founder: İlknur Uğur Kılcı-Yıldırım Beyazıt İmam Hatip Secondary School-Merkez/Çorum-Turkey
- Ana Paula Ferreira – Escola Secundária De Penafiel, Penafiel, Portekiz
- Aslıhan Sevinç – Ahmet Tevfik İleri Secondary School, Çorum-Turkey
- Ergun Karaca – Reysaş Lojistik Secondary School, Çayırova, Kocaeli-Turkey
- Serdar Özatay – Kanuni Sultan Süleyman Secondary School-Elazığ-Turkey
- Gülşah Akın – Yavuz Selim Secondary School-Sivas/Merkez-Turkey
- Sakine Bakan – Emlak Konutları Alparslan Secondary School Gebze-Kocaeli-Turkey
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Project Founder: Ergün KARACA
Project Name: RECYCLING AT THE CORE OF US
School Name: Reysaş Lojistik Secondary School-Kocaeli
I graduated from Gazi University, Faculty of Education, Department of Science. Scientix ambassador