- A three day STEM event took place in Petra Preradović Elementary School. The project was organized in cooperation with associations and organizations that promote the popularization of science and technology.
- These are Scientix, FabLab, CARNET, the Croatian Community of Technical Culture, Smartplay and Bioteka.
- The aim of the project was to popularize science in the educational system and to develop the skills and competences of students in the field of technology and information and communication sciences in a fun and educational way.
- On the first day, 27th of March, three workshops were organised for teachers: FabLab makerspace robotic workshop, The scientific method of teaching workshop and a talk held by the famous Croatian astronomer Korado Korlević
- On the second and third days, 28th and 29th of March, workshops were held for children in the open space of our school yard: there was a combination of science (biology, physics), technology (FabLab, Makerspace, SmartPlay), engineering (The Croatian community for technical education) and mathematics. Art was represented in the creative outputs of all participants.
- Over 800 pupils from 10 schools attended the event. It was a great success as can be seen in the following e-book:
Day 1 of the three day STEM Discovery week workshops planned in Zadar, Croatia, kicked off today. The opening ceremony was held at the University of Zadar campus area and several biology workshops were held for teachers and students.
- What would nature do, and what wouldn’t it do?
- The role of bees in the ecosystem.
- Deep secrets of the ocean.
At the Osnovna škola Petra Preradovića school, the representatives of FabLab visited us and introduced to us the concepts of 3D printing. The children listened to a presentation about the history of 3D printing and then embarked on a practical Sketch-up workshop.
Tomorrow, we continue at the University with the afternoon devoted to geography, information technology and computer sciences. Of course, we continue our 3D printing adventure at our school but will also learn how to use laser cutting and thermal printing.