First of all, in this learning scenario, I wanted my students to realize that water is not infinite. I have come up with activities that will allow them to understand that water resources in today’s world are being consumed quickly and that we need to take precautions in this regard. I care that my students realize that if existing water resources continue to be consumed at this rate, all countries of the world will experience water shortages in the near future. One of the main goals for me is that they also understand that we can protect water resources, especially with measures that we can take individually. In my course scenario, which I prepared for these purposes, I aimed to raise awareness as a priority.
I helped my students understand the problems of water scarcity in the future. We then discussed and listed the measures we could take in our immediate vicinity. Finally, by developing a project, we have produced solutions related to water conservation and prepared our models.
We expect our students to do them with the studies for project implementation:
- First, I aim to raise awareness of the problems of water scarcity that our world may face.
- I expect them to come up with solutions to a current and global life problem.
- Develop scientific thinking skills;
- Understanding the nature of Science and developing skills in using ICT tools;
- Learn that they have many options to solve the problems they see around them;
- Uses engineering design processes to solve a problem they encounter;
- Develop the ability to create alternative solutions to problems with simple materials and
- Understands the relationship between mathematics and science.
First, I asked students to find what was written by showing the emoji text I had prepared.
(Water is worth gold to the world. But fossil fuels cause global warming and cause water shortages)Continue reading