Nature-based solutions have the potential to bring numerous benefits to a range of sustainability challenges facing cities. While contributing to economic activities and social well-being, they can help limit the effects of climate change, increase biodiversity and improve environmental quality.
For this purpose, we wanted to involve our students in green solutions at an early age. Thus, they will be familiar with the issue of green space spread and will be able to contribute to building a sustainable, healthy, and resilient city that is better adapted to climate change.
School: Konya Ereğli Science and Art Center, Turkey
Participants: 8 years old – 20 students
Application: 04 – 15 April 2021
Subject Science, Art, BT, English
Subject: Green spaces and urban transformation
Integration into the curriculum:
- To have compassionate and respectful attitudes towards the natural and social environment.
- Observing important moments in the life of plants.
- texts with visual support.
- Interacting with a partner (to ask and tell).
- Copying and writing words and simple sentences.
- Develop a comprehensive vocabulary repertoire within context.
Art and ICT:
- Use computers, tablets, and online tools.
- Observe and think.
- Create and design.