Author: Çelebi Kalkan
Distance teaching due to Covid-19 outbreak can be challenging. Being Scientix ambassador to Turkey and willing to engage students in STEM education, together with 85 teachers, on 13 April, 2020 we started the challenge project “STEM at Home”. As during the pandemic students are learning from home we wanted them to develop their problem-solving, creativity, communication, presentation and entrepreneurship skills. I joined this challenge with my 7 years old students that are in 1st grade. Please see their works in the video format below.
- Name and surname: Yağmur UZKAŞ,
Project Name: My Smart Robot
- Name and surname: Zeynep TURAN,
Project Name: Smart House on Mars
- Name and surname: Esila POLAT,
Project Name: Smart Irrigation for Agriculture
- Name and surname: Ali KALE,
Project Name: Robot Arm
- Name and surname: Hasan Efe GÜLER,
Project Name: Geometric Train
- Name and surname: Emirhan KÖK,
Project Name: Formation of Rain
- Name and surname: Altan Rüzgar IŞIK,
Project Name: Does the Egg Stand Upright?
- Name and surname: Zeynep YILDIZ,
Project Name: How Does The Egg Go Into The Bottle?
Recently, I also wrote a blog on Scientix platform about the distance learning that occurred due to the Covid-19 outbreak.